I am a data visualization scientist at Epsilon Data Management. I recently graduted as a Ph.D in Computer Science from the University of Arizona. My advisor is Dr. Carlos Scheidegger. My current research interests are interactive data visualization, big data analysis and machine learning. I also have research experience in HDFS and data mining during my master’s program.
Before I came to this sunny, lovely Tucson, I received my M.S. in Computer Science from University of Illinois Springfield in Springfield, IL and my B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in Wuhan, China.
- 2022.05: 🎉🎉 I am joining Epsilon as a data visualization scientist!
- 2022.01: 🎉🎉 I finally grudated after 5 years of studying!
- 2021.12: 🎉🎉 I passed my thesis defense!
Zhenge Zhao, Panpan Xu, Carlos Scheidegger, Liu Ren
- An active learning approach to visual concept extraction for generic vision model (image classification and semantic segmentaion) diagnostics and performance improvement
Zhenge Zhao, Danilo Motta, Matthew Berger, Joshua A Levine, Ismail B Kuzucu, Robert B Fleischman, Afonso Paiva, Carlos Scheidegger
- A novel technique to extract such patterns from time series generated from simulations of seismic responses
- The ANTARES astronomical time-domain event broker, ANTARES Collaboration, The Astronomical Journal
- Visualizing neural networks with the grand tour, Mingwei Li, Zhenge Zhao, Carlos Scheidegger, Distill
- Machine-learning-based Brokers for Real-time Classification of the LSST Alert Stream, ANTARES Collaboration, The Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series
- Implementation of scalable fuzzy relational operations in MapReduce, Elham S Khorasani, Matthew Cremeens, Zhenge Zhao, Soft Computing
- A Markov chain collaborative filtering model for course enrollment recommendations, Elham S Khorasani, Zhenge Zhao, John Champaign, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Big Data
🎖 Honors and Awards
- 2018.01 Winner of two categories, Data Visualization and Best Use of AWS in Hack Arizona (about 1000 participants)
- 2015.12 Recognized for Honors in Compute Science Gradutes, UIS
- 2015.08 Team Ranking 13th (129 teams) in the National Cyber League Championship Game; Individual ranking 71st (2153 participants)
- 2016.08 - 2021.12, Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science, the University of Arizona
- 2014.08 - 2015.12, Mater Degree in Computer Science, University of Illinois at Springfield
- 2009.09 - 2013.06, Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
💬 Invited Talks
- 2021.10, IEEE VIS 2021, Explainable AI and Machine Learning. | [video]
- 2019.05 - 2019.08, Bosch Research, Human Machine Interaction Department
- 2015.06 - 2016.08, Hanson Professional Services Inc.